Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion for Competition Shooting.
By MikeV1986
Does anyone know if a Romeo Zero 1 red dot will fit on a TP9SFX? I am wanting to start shooting Carry Optics but not spend a lot of money on a red dot until I know I am going to like it better then iron sights.
Attachments
SIG-ROMEO-ZERO.jpg
SIG-ROMEO-ZERO.jpg (66.33 KiB) Viewed 997 times
By colonel00
MikeV1986 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:45 pm Does anyone know if a Romeo Zero 1 red dot will fit on a TP9SFX? I am wanting to start shooting Carry Optics but not spend a lot of money on a red dot until I know I am going to like it better then iron sights.
I'm not sure if it will or not. The Romeo Zero has the micro footprint of the smaller sights like the holosun 507K, Shield RSMc and so on. Honestly, I have one and I'm not overly impressed. It functions fine but I will only put it on a range gun. I just don't think I would trust the polymer construction to anything where you have a lot of activity and chances to damage it.

I believe you can find a Vortex Venom or Viper for not too much more than a Romeo Zero. Or, if you want to go real cheap, look at an ADE red dot. Usually under $100. I wouldn't stick with one for long for competitions but many have had really good luck with them.
By TL1000RSquid
colonel00 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 pm
MikeV1986 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:45 pm Does anyone know if a Romeo Zero 1 red dot will fit on a TP9SFX? I am wanting to start shooting Carry Optics but not spend a lot of money on a red dot until I know I am going to like it better then iron sights.
I'm not sure if it will or not. The Romeo Zero has the micro footprint of the smaller sights like the holosun 507K, Shield RSMc and so on. Honestly, I have one and I'm not overly impressed. It functions fine but I will only put it on a range gun. I just don't think I would trust the polymer construction to anything where you have a lot of activity and chances to damage it.

I believe you can find a Vortex Venom or Viper for not too much more than a Romeo Zero. Or, if you want to go real cheap, look at an ADE red dot. Usually under $100. I wouldn't stick with one for long for competitions but many have had really good luck with them.
Yeah I wouldn't trust the Vortex's for anything but range use either. You can find t he Holosun's with RMR footprint for not a whole lot more I've seen them for under $250 a few times recently.
By Ben W.
I think the Swampfox Justice is the RMR footprint also.. fits on the #2 base included with the TP9SFx. Not much more expensive, nice bit optic, 50,000 round guarantee and a very good discount if you're a veteran. Just my two cents worth.
By Jester560
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:04 am

Yeah I wouldn't trust the Vortex's for anything but range use either.
@TL1000RSquid

I would agree with you on the Vortex Viper. However, I have a Vortex Venom on my Springfield XDm10mm and it has held up just fine and never needed to be re-zero'd. The Venom is a much better sight than the Viper and is very trustworthy IMHO.
By TL1000RSquid
Jester560 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:21 am
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:04 am

Yeah I wouldn't trust the Vortex's for anything but range use either.
@TL1000RSquid

I would agree with you on the Vortex Viper. However, I have a Vortex Venom on my Springfield XDm10mm and it has held up just fine and never needed to be re-zero'd. The Venom is a much better sight than the Viper and is very trustworthy IMHO.
I have heard of a few issues with the Venom but its usually out of the box failure or with in first 200 rounds. I've got one but its on a S&W Victory.
By gunn
I gave the Zero, I am not impressed at all.
By RazorWing
I'll give another vote in for Swampfox. I just put a Justice on my SFx and loving it so far. It feels very rugged. I do so ewhat wish I had spring for a holosun for the big ring, but I'll give this a few months before I mess with it.

Build quality is awesome!
TP9 SC Guide Rods

Greetings, everyone! I am new to the forum and see[…]

My first Canik

Hello all. I looked to get a new handgun for Conc[…]

I had gone through the pistol and checked everythi[…]

New to Canikfanatic

After a bit searching i found one on eBay and got […]