Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
By tnez13
I'm considering going to a gun show near me this weekend. Having never been to a show, I imagine it's something like trade shows I've attended. Can anyone offer tips or tell me what to expect? Thanks.
By colonel00
Expect to pay a lot. I find gun shows to be overpriced for almost everything. They are/were good for things that cost a lot to order online like powder and primers. Also a good place to find random parts for things. Shows are fun, don't get me wrong. Just don't expect to find a bunch of great deals.
By LT USN (Ret.)
colonel00 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 am Expect to pay a lot. I find gun shows to be overpriced for almost everything. They are/were good for things that cost a lot to order online like powder and primers. Also a good place to find random parts for things. Shows are fun, don't get me wrong. Just don't expect to find a bunch of great deals.
Amen to all of the above. But they are a lit of fun to go to see stuff.
By keltex78
I haven't been to a gun show in quite a while. Last one I went to was nearly a year ago, early on during the Wuhan Flu 'panic'. Wasn't a good selection available then, and prices were insane.

Take cash. Listed prices on items is usually cash price, there is typically a markup for card purchases.

Leave all ammo in your car. Any ammo you have will be confiscated, and with today's availability, nobody can afford that.

Prices are typically no better than you will find at Academy, but sometimes, you can (when things are more normal) find some surprising deals.
By colonel00
One other point I'll mention this is great about gun shows is you (used to at least) have a chance to check out guns you might be interested in buying that maybe you can't find at your local gun store but don't want to take the leap of purchasing online without at least handling it first.
Hello from UT

Welcome to the addiction. It won't be long until y[…]

Indeed, I spent a 30-year career in engineering. W[…]

Canik Fanatik Team

We don't have anything official, but we do have […]

TP9SF Elite Black

Ya, I'm less surprised by that than I am losing th[…]