Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Yep best way to break it in is to send a couple hundred rounds down range,. Stiff recoil spring you can try leaving it with slide locked back for a few days or s hoot enough rounds and it'll sort itself out. Unless I missed it we haven't gotten the METE here so you may not be suffering from the same ammo problems as us.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 am Yep best way to break it in is to send a couple hundred rounds down range,. Stiff recoil spring you can try leaving it with slide locked back for a few days or s hoot enough rounds and it'll sort itself out. Unless I missed it we haven't gotten the METE here so you may not be suffering from the same ammo problems as us.
Ammo issue is being faced all over the world. Leaving the slide open, is it ok to do so.
As others have said, get out and shoot the gun. I had heard the talk of Canik liking NATO ammo, obtained the lighter return spring in case mine didn't work right with the 115 gr ammo which is common here, but didn't need it. After 200 rounds or so both my guns (SFX and Elite SC) shoot any ammo I put in them.
Shoot it like you stole it?

In light of the ammo shortage, with my wife's (non-Canik) pistol: I just cycled the action 1000 times. (And yes, I counted.) That seemed to help reliability a lot.
I'm having failure to go into battery on sc because of the stiff rsa. Had the same issue on sf and just swapped out the rsa to blue rsa. Unfortunately no blue rsa is available for sc yet. Has anyone cycled the slide by hand 1000 and tested it after with live fire?
Rvegasfx wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 pm I'm having failure to go into battery on sc because of the stiff rsa. Had the same issue on sf and just swapped out the rsa to blue rsa. Unfortunately no blue rsa is available for sc yet. Has anyone cycled the slide by hand 1000 and tested it after with live fire?
The stock RSA is keeping it from going into battery? I would think that a stronger RSA would cause short stroking and the extra power would make it go into battery with more force.
colonel00 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:18 pm
Rvegasfx wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 pm I'm having failure to go into battery on sc because of the stiff rsa. Had the same issue on sf and just swapped out the rsa to blue rsa. Unfortunately no blue rsa is available for sc yet. Has anyone cycled the slide by hand 1000 and tested it after with live fire?
The stock RSA is keeping it from going into battery? I would think that a stronger RSA would cause short stroking and the extra power would make it go into battery with more force.

Once you shoot the slide can't go fully back and slam forward to effectively chamber the next round. Lower the lbs of the rsa ( blue spring) and the slide can go back further and chamber the next round with more force.
Over kill but I cycled 1,700 by hand. I had shot 300 through it initially ( when it kept failing to return to battery). So 2k cycles in total. Gonna test it out this Wednesday or Saturday and see if it remedies the failure to battery issue. Canik really needs to start shipping these firearms they release to the US market with the blue recoil spring in box. ~O)
Removing sights from Canik

Good question..waiting also

Hello from UT

Welcome from Az.

JUST JOINED TODAY

Welcome from Az.

Taurus G3C

i too have the Taurus G3c, got it last summer, for[…]