Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
I know we got several of us Taurus TX owners on here, I'm sure you're all shooting it more often now too with current ammo prices. Mines stock other then a couple mag extensions. The sights suck been debating on blowing $100 on night sights or $40-50 for fibers from Lakeline, anyone running the Lakelines? I believe all g2/g3 sights will fit on it. Anyone done anything with their trigger?
My current set up with a Jpoint and mounting plate from Lakeline. Near future plan is to add a competition ready TX22 to my collection when it's available. Zero issues with the Jpoint mounted on the gun. I have a couple +3s and a couple +5s. The +5s from Tandemkross are definitely better quality and come with springs.
IMG_4318s.jpg
IMG_4318s.jpg (213.04 KiB) Viewed 350 times
IMG_5986s.jpg
IMG_5986s.jpg (161.7 KiB) Viewed 350 times
My TX22 is stock but seriously needs one mod that does not exist. A taller front sight. Lakeline makes one but they said it's too tall for what I need. It's meant to pair with a taller rear sight to see over a suppressor. My TX22 shoots 2" high at 10 yards. Rear sight is as low as it goes. It's the first gun I ever owned with adjustable sights that can't hit point of aim. I don't shoot it anymore but new shooters love it so I bring it to the range when teaching them.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:54 pm
Jester560 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:21 pm Mine is 100% stock except for grip tape.
Anything you want to change or you're completely happy with it as is?
I am quite happy with it. I bought to use in Speed Steel competitions and it has performed great other than the grip being a little slick.
fear not. Taurus has announced that the target top end will be sold as a seperate unit for use on existing TX22s. Apparently the changes are all in the slide and the longer barrel. No changes for the lower end, same trigger.
Babbalou1956 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 pm My TX22 is stock but seriously needs one mod that does not exist. A taller front sight. Lakeline makes one but they said it's too tall for what I need. It's meant to pair with a taller rear sight to see over a suppressor. My TX22 shoots 2" high at 10 yards. Rear sight is as low as it goes. It's the first gun I ever owned with adjustable sights that can't hit point of aim. I don't shoot it anymore but new shooters love it so I bring it to the range when teaching them.
Mine has the opposite problem. It shoots low and I have the rear sight all the way up. Not a deal breaker though. It hits pretty close. I would like a different set of sights though. I'd like an adjustable rear (black, no white dots) and a fiber optic front. sound familiar Canik fans? Good luck finding it though.
hoosiercodger wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 pm fear not. Taurus has announced that the target top end will be sold as a seperate unit for use on existing TX22s. Apparently the changes are all in the slide and the longer barrel. No changes for the lower end, same trigger.
Well, I seem to remember that the Competition is touted as having an improved trigger. Maybe they were just talking about the TX-22 trigger in general. Depending on pricing, getting just the slide might be a decent option. However, I don't know that it will be that much more to just get the whole gun anyways.
Babbalou1956 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 pm My TX22 is stock but seriously needs one mod that does not exist. A taller front sight. Lakeline makes one but they said it's too tall for what I need. It's meant to pair with a taller rear sight to see over a suppressor. My TX22 shoots 2" high at 10 yards. Rear sight is as low as it goes. It's the first gun I ever owned with adjustable sights that can't hit point of aim. I don't shoot it anymore but new shooters love it so I bring it to the range when teaching them.
That's odd that they would make suppressor height sights for a .22 when typically a .22 suppressor is small enough that standard sights work just fine.
hoosiercodger wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:34 pm fear not. Taurus has announced that the target top end will be sold as a seperate unit for use on existing TX22s. Apparently the changes are all in the slide and the longer barrel. No changes for the lower end, same trigger.
Well thats good of them. But if its only 40-50 dollar difference I'll just buy my 3rd one.
colonel00 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm
That's odd that they would make suppressor height sights for a .22 when typically a .22 suppressor is small enough that standard sights work just fine.
90% of the time yes. My friend has thick .22 suppressor buts a form 1 he built.
Hello from UT

Welcome to the addiction. It won't be long until y[…]

Indeed, I spent a 30-year career in engineering. W[…]

Canik Fanatik Team

We don't have anything official, but we do have […]

TP9SF Elite Black

Ya, I'm less surprised by that than I am losing th[…]