Canik-Gear-Banner2 W74-Guiderods4 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
Discussion Section for Ammunition, Reloading and Handloading.
Just for fun I checked Freedom Munitions and they had 12,000 boxes of 124 reman RN in stock. I ain't paying $600/case, but I was wondering if anyone had purchased from them recently.

I have not since their "troubles" a few years ago when they ripped off some folks and I thought went out of business for a while.
I stopped by Academy Sports for some other items, checked out the ammo while I was there. They had about 50 boxes of Blazer aluminum case for $14 per 50rd. box. I almost bought, but I prefer brass.
I am using restraint, hope others do the same....let it sit on the shelf a while...let the supply and demand principle take hold.
ncjw wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 pm Just for fun I checked Freedom Munitions and they had 12,000 boxes of 124 reman RN in stock. I ain't paying $600/case, but I was wondering if anyone had purchased from them recently.

I have not since their "troubles" a few years ago when they ripped off some folks and I thought went out of business for a while.
Been a few years for me but at $600 a case for reman doesnt sound like they've improved any.
I bought bulk during Trump pretty cheap. I'm still buying at current pricing levels b/c my .02 is the shelves are going to go bare again. So my philosophy is buy while it's there. Primers are going up & getting scarce for reloading.

I travel throughout the Midwest (NE-SD-IA-MN-CO-KS) for work so I'm always ducking into stores to see what's available at what prices. I've budgeted myself to spend $100/week. The usual suspects: 5.56-9mm-.45-.308-.22. Recent purchases have been .22 & .308 based on price & availability. Been getting better deals with retailers vs. online sellers too.
Local Academy was well stocked (by recent standards) yesterday afternoon. Overpriced .22 lr, but they had Winchester Golden bulk 525 packs for $40.

Plenty of range 9mm, about $18/50, including some WWB 100 round bulk pack.

Shotgun shells harder to find, unless you want cheap birdshot, or #2 steel (at the moment).

Bulk Monarch .380, but about $90/200, so I skipped that.
Was at Academy today, fair amount of ammo in stock, 9,40,45, even a few box's of 10mm and 5.7, along with a few different premium defense ammo in said calibers, rifle they had alot of 5.56, 308, x39, along with a few other misc calibers. alot of .22 but no subs. prices havent really gone down at all in last couple months I suspect they'll be pretty steady for awhile due to russian ban, they'd been slowly creeping down until that happened. All I ended up with was 200rd monarch brass for $109, monarch was all they had in .45 besides a few different 20rd HP's.
I really have to hand it to Academy. They are selling ammo at what I am pretty sure is its actual list price. We may have been used to 50pct off back in the day, but $18 is probably what the "official" price was back then.

Last week they had cases of Rem 9mm for $370-400, limit four per day, delivered to your door for $8. That's pretty darn good considering where we were. (I picked up several cases a month or so ago at those prices to restock.).

Even when it gets back to normal again, I will be giving Academy a lot more of my business.
Just for my Canik Fanatik friends: AmmoShopOnline has 115gr Norma for $322 per 1000 case, free shipping, plus tax. Norma & Geco have been our go-to range & training ammo the last couple of years. Usually not much more than steel or reman ammo, it has been reliable and not too smoky, sparky or dirty. We've tried many brands. You can thank me later!
TL1000RSquid wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:11 pm Was at Academy today, fair amount of ammo in stock, 9,40,45, even a few box's of 10mm and 5.7, along with a few different premium defense ammo in said calibers, rifle they had alot of 5.56, 308, x39, along with a few other misc calibers. alot of .22 but no subs. prices havent really gone down at all in last couple months I suspect they'll be pretty steady for awhile due to russian ban, they'd been slowly creeping down until that happened. All I ended up with was 200rd monarch brass for $109, monarch was all they had in .45 besides a few different 20rd HP's.
How much was the 5.7? If have you grab me some at the right price
colonel00 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:21 pm
TL1000RSquid wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:11 pm Was at Academy today, fair amount of ammo in stock, 9,40,45, even a few box's of 10mm and 5.7, along with a few different premium defense ammo in said calibers, rifle they had alot of 5.56, 308, x39, along with a few other misc calibers. alot of .22 but no subs. prices havent really gone down at all in last couple months I suspect they'll be pretty steady for awhile due to russian ban, they'd been slowly creeping down until that happened. All I ended up with was 200rd monarch brass for $109, monarch was all they had in .45 besides a few different 20rd HP's.
I believe they were 44.99.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:29 pm
colonel00 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:21 pm
I believe they were 44.99.
Gotcha.
I heard something about it but I'm not holding my breath. PSA is so backlogged with other promised stuff that I'd be surprised if they get any out any time soon. I also question what the pricing will be. I've seen PSA start to gouge prices a little bit (along with everyone else) and I just don't know that they will have anything that will rival truly cheap Russian stuff.
Been noticing quite a bit lately that our students, with Shield EZ's and a couple of other pistols, having issues with Russian and Czek ammo. More "leniency" in their SAMMI specs, which has their guns throwing fits with FTF, misfeeds, etc..

Neil 8-)
At my local Atwood's a couple of days ago, they were surprisingly well stocked on ammo.
Had Aguila 9mm $14.99/box and .380 $24.99/box. Lowest prices I've seen in a while. Actually had stacks of it, enough to actually start stocking shelves, and not just keeping it locked behind the counter.

Also had a much smaller selection of defensive 9mm jhp.

Had an assortment of other calibers too, in limited quantities.
getting the forum alive again

- Weaponized Rival. I have been reading the revi[…]

So I've seen mention of how the grip is different […]

Canik's "Practice Pistol"

I'm not sure about the practice pistol but I have […]

SFX Rival Video

" If I shot Limited with a basically stoc[…]