swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
By Janik
I did a thing today and added a Jpoint micro red dot to one of my Canik TP9DA's. As most of you know who have been around awhile, I'm a big fan of the DA and V2, since I grew up shooting DA/SA handguns. Anyway, I've seen other people add a red dot to the DA, and like the concept, but I didn't care for how big it looked and how far it hung over the edge. Well, I finally found an adapter plate for the Glock G43 and a micro red dot with the RMSc footprint. Actually, someone on here may have pointed me in that direction, since I did inquire awhile ago. Anyway, I got the adapter plate, but saved a few bucks getting a Jpoint instead of the RMSc. In the next few months more red dots are going to be hitting the market that share the RMSc footprint, so more options will be available. It's the same footprint that our Elite SC's have.

So, I got all the parts today, and removed my rear iron sight. The Jpoint does witness with stock iron front sights if used on a normal red dot cut slide. However, since I'm using an adapter plate, it sits a little higher. So I may get a suppressor front sight and try to witness it later. Either way, I'm happy with how it fits, and the decocker is still accessible. I have a couple red dots on some other Caniks, but really wanted to try one on a DA. I'm happy with how it looks, as it's significantly smaller than my Venom and Sightmark Mspec. I got it roughly zeroed here at home with my laser targets and will get to the range this weekend to really dial it in. So far I think I finally found a decent solution to wanting a red dot on a DA/SA striker fired handgun.

The Jpoint is a 4moa red dot with a constant on and auto brightness adjustment, just like the RMSc. For now this is strictly going to be a range gun till I see how comfortable I am with it and whether or not it will replace my V2 for nightstand duty. I'm still on the fence as to whether I trust red dots or not. I think they have come a long way, but I'm still a traditional iron sight guy, for now.
IMG_3764s.jpg
IMG_3764s.jpg (152.21 KiB) Viewed 9928 times
IMG_3766s.jpg
IMG_3766s.jpg (152.48 KiB) Viewed 9928 times
IMG_3769s.jpg
IMG_3769s.jpg (157.3 KiB) Viewed 9928 times
Congrats on your red dot addition!

I've run a RMR on two hand guns now and deployed twice with an Aimpoint CompM4 as my primary optic. They're incredibly intuitive and are proven to reduce your target acquisition time once you're familiar. If your old lady isn't familiar with firearm handling, tell her to keep both eyes open and put the red dot on whatever she wants to hit. She'll be a natural; it's us iron sight converts who struggle with the transition.
Pretty damn cool!

Neil 8-)
By Janik
I got a chance to dial in the red dot and put some rounds down range today, and it worked great. I have a Smoky Mountain Concealment holster for the DA on the way that will allow for a red dot. It took my affection for the TP9DA to a whole new level this morning.
IMG_3799s.jpg
IMG_3799s.jpg (212.74 KiB) Viewed 9834 times
Hi Janik,
Tall order, but would you mind taking a few pics closer up of the rear sides and rear of the gun. I am interested in closeups of the fit.
Thanks!

Neil 8-)
@qballbandit , here's a few more pics. Thankfully it doesn't hang over the far sides of the gun like the larger optics do.
IMG_3765s.jpg
IMG_3765s.jpg (124.4 KiB) Viewed 9731 times
IMG_3770s.jpg
IMG_3770s.jpg (103.29 KiB) Viewed 9731 times
IMG_3775s.jpg
IMG_3775s.jpg (128.1 KiB) Viewed 9731 times
Jester560 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:29 am Very nice! The fit is just about perfect.
Thanks yah, the Venom and other red dots were just too big for my liking when the gun doesn't have a red dot cut out. With the smaller profile of the micro's, I'm very happy with it. And I'm also happy I won't have to get rid of my DA's now.
ncjw wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:07 pm I may have missed this, but which adapter plate did you use? JP's?
It's an adapter I got from the Glock store specifically for the Glock G43. The footprint for it is for any micro red dot that has the SHIELD RMSc footprint. I know there's more optics with that footprint coming to market shortly.
Thanks a bunch, Janik! :)

Neil 8-)
Janik wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 am I got a chance to dial in the red dot and put some rounds down range today, and it worked great. I have a Smoky Mountain Concealment holster for the DA on the way that will allow for a red dot. It took my affection for the TP9DA to a whole new level this morning.

IMG_3799s.jpg
I know I’m late to the party here, thank you for the great write up. I picked up my first Canik about 2 weeks ago, I fell in love with the BBDA. May I ask what light that is on the rail? I’m looking for one that fits flush like that. Is it the OLight PL mini 2?
Nicf88 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 am
Janik wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 am I got a chance to dial in the red dot and put some rounds down range today, and it worked great. I have a Smoky Mountain Concealment holster for the DA on the way that will allow for a red dot. It took my affection for the TP9DA to a whole new level this morning.

IMG_3799s.jpg
I know I’m late to the party here, thank you for the great write up. I picked up my first Canik about 2 weeks ago, I fell in love with the BBDA. May I ask what light that is on the rail? I’m looking for one that fits flush like that. Is it the OLight PL mini 2?
The one pictured on the range table is actually the original PL Mini. I now have PL Mini II's on some of my guns, but the one pictured is the original. It's a bit longer.

Yes, I would agree that they purposely make the pr[…]

I have made several purchases from ASO and Normash[…]

My SC is my carry firearm, I carry with a 20 round[…]

Holster recommendations

Hi all. Looking for a AIWB holster for my Elite Co[…]