swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Just throwing this out there as a forum idea....

A MAGAZINE COMPATABILITY CHART.

We see question after question asked about does anyone know if this mag fits that gun, etc, etc... Not just Canik's either.... What do you guys think about some sort of chart that could show something like that... It would probably have to be edited by a admin though...
Good idea. We've been talking about putting something together for all Canik related parts and compatibility. But you know how it goes, never enough time to get it done. If people want to put in some leg work, we can get a sticky going.
By arff
lol... this is where a good idea came to die!

I am in the process of acquiring a TP9 Elite Combat Executive. Spare mags are difficult to find, and the few I found listed make no mention of this particular model. Am I correct in assuming that any TP9 or Mete mag will fit the Elite Combat versions?

I also have some MecGar P226 mags - might they fit? !!

Thank you - and if those who know this stuff would in fact put up a compatibility chart, us Canik Newbies would greatly appreciate it!
arff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:38 am lol... this is where a good idea came to die!

I am in the process of acquiring a TP9 Elite Combat Executive. Spare mags are difficult to find, and the few I found listed make no mention of this particular model. Am I correct in assuming that any TP9 or Mete mag will fit the Elite Combat versions?

Thank you - and if those who know this stuff would in fact put up a compatibility chart, us Canik Newbies would greatly appreciate it!
For the Executive all the larger mags sf, sf elite, sfx, etc will run in the Exec.

One of the Sig mags work too I don't recall the model though. Only non Canik mags I've run are M9 mags which require new mag catch hole to be cut in the body.
TL1000RSquid wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:20 am
arff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:38 am lol... this is where a good idea came to die!

For the Executive all the larger mags sf, sf elite, sfx, etc will run in the Exec.

One of the Sig mags work too I don't recall the model though. Only non Canik mags I've run are M9 mags which require new mag catch hole to be cut in the body.
Just as a point of clarification. While any larger mags (18rd for the SFX) will work in the ECE, they will extend below the grip and there is a minimal risk of over-insertion. Ideally you'd want to look for the 15rd mags as those are sized to fit the Elite platform grips. I don't know that the Salient Arms mag extensions that came with the EC and ECE were ever put out for sale but there are plenty of places to get mag extensions for the 15rd mags if you so choose.
By arff
great - thanks. Are mags generally available in the US? In Switzerland they are difficult to find... as is the 1/2x28 threaded barrel version...
arff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:11 pm great - thanks. Are mags generally available in the US? In Switzerland they are difficult to find... as is the 1/2x28 threaded barrel version...
So generally even back precovid most physical gun stores rarely have Canik mag's atleast in my area, in the last few months they've become more readily available online again. During Covid they were hard to come by and would sell out quickly when online retailer had some. Not really sure why Covid hit Canik mags so hard, Mecgar makes Canik's mags and I had no issues acquiring mag's for some other brands made by Mecgar.
Canik Rival w/Steel Frame?

Will TP9 SFx mags work in the Rival-S? Yes. M[…]

Great special effects!

Forum update suggestions

Works better - many thanks!

I feel the same as StuartV (above) and just would […]