swampfox Canik-Gear-Banner2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3
Unanswered topics Active topics
Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Having only owned three, an SFL, SF and SF Elite, I would be hard pressed to pick. I probably shoot the
SFL the best, with the SF next. The Elite is new to me and I'm still adjusting to the fiber optic sight. I
may just put in a plain white dot or a tritium out front. I love the way the Elite shoots otherwise and
for me, the recoil is subjectively lower than the SFL... go figure.
Hibuck...
I went to buy a CZ P07 at my LGS, Sam the counter guy, talked me into getting a Canik TP9 SF Elite. Said they are just as reliable, very accurate,
well built, and about half the price of a CZ. Won't have chance to shoot it until tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.
Can anyone tell me if it offers the same low bore radius and the CZ does?
Bigborgel wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:47 pm I went to buy a CZ P07 at my LGS, Sam the counter guy, talked me into getting a Canik TP9 SF Elite. Said they are just as reliable, very accurate,
well built, and about half the price of a CZ. Won't have chance to shoot it until tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.
I own both. Triggers better on the Elite, Though with some tweaking I'm pretty happy with how my P07 trigger is right now. CZ has better sights. Elite not as low as the CZ but it still shoots pretty good, I shoot my p07 better then my Elite but I shoot my TP9SA better then the p07. Can't really go wrong with either one if you ask me.
Bigborgel wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:47 pm I went to buy a CZ P07 at my LGS, Sam the counter guy, talked me into getting a Canik TP9 SF Elite. Said they are just as reliable, very accurate,
I have the P07 and the Elite, and both are awesome. I think it really comes down to if you prefer striker fired single action, or a hammer fired double action gun. The Elite trigger in my opinion out of the box is better. But, the single action in the P07 isn't bad at all. I shoot them both equally well. If I had to pick only one, it would be the Elite. Damn thing is a laser beam. I grew up shooting DA/SA handguns, so the transition from single to double action doesn't bother me at all. The finish on the CZ is definitely nicer, but the mags are quite a bit more expensive. It really is a toss up between the two. Both have great ergonomics and feel really comfortable in my hand. If you like DA/SA handguns, give the P07 some consideration in the future if you're looking to add another gun to your collection. Otherwise, the TP9DA is outstanding as well. If you're not familiar with the Canik model, it's a DA/SA striker fired, and I love it just as much as my Elite.
What they said above. Shot about 150 rounds tonight on my Elite in one of my Defensive Pistol Classes, and just can't stop being impressed at how nice a shooter it is. Absolute flawless performance doing tap-rack drills, and clearing level 3 failures. Multiple shooting drills while clearing the failures, operated smooth as silk. (124gr Speer Lawman and Fiocchi)
I have Night Fision's on mine. Had no use for the Fiber Optic being it's a carry gun, and I do carry at night. Like Janik, I also have the DA. Can't say enough about it for the same reasons he states. Damn short reset too when in SA.

Have fun!

Neil 8-)
Just ordered my first Canik. After some research I went with the SFX. A few reasons. Never had a longer SF pistol. Wanted to try a red dot on a pistol. And the price of a Canik with all the extras they include is tough to beat. My research showed the Canik to be an excellent ,dependable handgun. On par with a Glock IMO. Looking forward to my first.
Just ordered my first Canik. Went with the SFX. Always wanted to try a long barrel . Also like the cut out for a red dot which I have never tried. Another thing that attracted me was the 2 tone finish. Very sharp looker!
kramden wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am Just ordered my first Canik. Went with the SFX. Always wanted to try a long barrel . Also like the cut out for a red dot which I have never tried. Another thing that attracted me was the 2 tone finish. Very sharp looker!
And another convert is.... converted.
Canik TP9 Elite SC which was my first Canik and was purchased specifically for EDC Concealed and EDC Open Carry. I am an old soldier and I have carried a full size SIG Sauer P226 for over 30-years. The P226 is still my favorite and the best gun, but I can get 3 (three) new Caniks for the price of one new SIG P226. It also get dirty as I am armed when I work on my ranch and do garden and grub work. The Elite SC is just easy to live with.

The extra capacity mags for range work and emergency are a nice feature.

Next just for fun is the SFx. Fun to shoot. I have done ISPC and IDPA for many years and the SFx is a tack driving A Zone Eating monster.
ncjw wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:26 am 1. SFx - it allowed my old eyes to enjoy pistol shooting again with the Venom red dot. And it had a great trigger (now even better with a FS) and was fun to Weaponize.

2. Elite - the Goldilocks pistol, everything is just right - size, trigger, slide release, capacity, accuracy, reliability, etc.

3. SF - cheap, reliable (so far), everything else is solid Canik. A bit large, but with the Olight and soon to be added NF sights it is destined to be my nightstand gun. This will allow me to shoot the 1911 more often. An Elite probably would have been just as good.

Looking forward to checking out the SFx Mod 2.
Years later update:

1. SFx - I never go shooting without it, still a fantastic gun. 20 rd mag dumps are still fun.

2. SC - I am amazed at the accuracy of this small pistol. All day from 25 yds at steel. The red dot helps, again due to old eyes. 20 rd mag dumps from an SC are downright hilarious.

3. Elite - Still a great gun, I just don't find myself taking it out as much as the SC anymore. Probably due to the lack of red dot.

4. SF - Only because it is in the nightstand, which means that I trust it to be 100% reliable when needed. Has NF sights.. Probably gets out, shot and cleaned once a year or so, but never hiccups.
The Canik TP9 Elite SC. Because I specifically purchased it for an EDC / CCW application. The 'Suitability For The Task' is top score of any of the Sub-Compact guns I tried. I tested 6 others. I paid $341.00 for it from BattleHawk Armory and it came with 2 mags and a holster.

For me the specifics had to be 100% reliable. Easy to carry. Easy to maintain. Easy to clean. Easy to conceal. Proper size, defined by 'Just Right' for my hand. The fact that I can up gun to a 15-rounder or the 20 rounders make it way more better. I carry it with the 12-round short mag. The weight is also correct for the application. It is almost a pound (14 ounces) lighter than my big SIG P226. I have it in an OWB holster or a belly band and I wear it while I am doing lawn and garden work, driving the tractor, clearing brush, expanding and working on my ranch and my range. All dirty, dusty, grittty, grimey and this time of year sweaty work. Also easy to conceal when I am going to the market or getting gas for the tractor.

I work wearing this gun and I work every day. It is easy to clean up, wipe down and dust off. In the over 500 rounds i have put through it (ouch that was expensive) it has been 100% reliable. So we are all on the same sheet of paper here (Apples to Apples) I use Fiocchi Range Dynamics / FMJ range ammo at 124 Grain. I use Spear Gold Dot 124 Grain JHP, IMI Industries 124 NATO JHP and SIG Elite 124 Grain JHP. No reloads and no off brand junk ammo. I use only the Mec-Gar factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturwer) magazines in 12, 15 and soon my new 20-rounders. The gun is completly factory and unmodified as all defensive carry guns should be.

It is also quite the looker, mine is a Tungsten Slide and I get more questions and comments on it, from my students and at the lookie lous at ranges than any thing I own and I have a hell of lot of guns.

Suitability For The Task, my own specific EDC Dirty Work Tasks, make the Elite SC my favorite. At $341.00 it is also Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
New to forum from FL.

Don’t know Tissas or Girsan, but I have mult[…]

Also, what is HTC? Did you mean HST? Yeah, th[…]

The SC will but it's not an absolute co-witness.

I am hoping to find spare firing pin and roll pins[…]