Freedomsmith-top2 canik-fanatic-ad-top3 Frankthetank
Unanswered topics Active topics
General Discussion Section for All Other Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories. Please keep Canik Firearm discussions in the Canik section.
Yeah, went to check on the order yesterday, and he didn't put it in yet...he will later this week, so delivery will be early next week...but I am in UK on business, so I won't see it until mid month...however, I did some checking today with the other SARs in the stable, and the one Tanfoglio Witness that is very similar to the SAR B6P. They all take aftermarket Mec Gar C75B mags (B6P, B6C, CM Gen 2, Witness P-9). If I remember, I had to do a very light touch-off grind on the top of the locking slot on a few, but not all mags (I bought several when I learned that they fit all models mentioned). As expected, the full 16 round mags stick out of the bottom of the B6C, but they work. I hope the SAR 9 follows suit, as the mags are only $17.39 (strange price) https://grabagun.com/mec-gar-mag-cz75-9 ... igodigital
By Badgerboy
Finally picked up my SAR 9. Nice pistol...hope to run 'er next weekend. Bad news on the magazines. The mags from the B6P, B6C, and CM Gen 2 are interchangeable, but the SAR 9 doesn't play nicely...it's mags are unique.
Badgerboy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm ...And $25 each on Prepper...two more on the way, to make 4.
Have you shot it yet and what are your thoughts?

Ran about 150 rounds through it today and another 150 through the SFx. The more I shoot the SAR 9 the more I like it and the better it shoots.

Now, on to replacing the sights, my only real complaint.
LT USN (Ret.) wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm
Badgerboy wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm ...And $25 each on Prepper...two more on the way, to make 4.
Have you shot it yet and what are your thoughts?

Ran about 150 rounds through it today and another 150 through the SFx. The more I shoot the SAR 9 the more I like it and the better it shoots.

Now, on to replacing the sights, my only real complaint.
Not yet...maybe this weekend, but I think it will be single digits or teens without windchill. My pal has a private outdoor range that I can use almost anytime. It is top notch professional in scope with a couple dozen plate targets for pistols, and rifle segments at 50, 100 and 200 yards. Think not-quite Hickok45 setup. I am really spoiled this way, except that it is open to the wind and can be a bit nipply and ball-retracting cold at this time of year. There is a Franklin stove in the bus, but that makes it an all day event, and I don't have that time this weekend.

But I am looking forward to running the SAR 9. I have three other SARs, and like them all...
By ncjw
$255 at Prepper today. Like my wife's shoe arguments, so cheap that they are almost making me buy it.

Also, with a real thumb safety, it may be interesting (yeah, yeah, I know, quit screwing around already and just lay out the cash for a S&W M&P 9 M2.0 with thumb safety...).

I shall await further range reports.
By keltex78
I guess I missed this review the first time around, but just read through it now.
I actually kinda dig the design, the grip/panels seems to be very HK VP9 inspired. I've shot both the full size VP9 and the SK, and found them both to be extremely comfortable; how would you say the SAR 9 compares?

I'm not needing another full-sized nine, but if they would release this in a compact size, similar to the VP9 SK, I'd definitely give it some serious consideration.
They have been $255 at Prepper for quite a while now. I still haven't shot mine yet. Been way cold, and I've been traveling for work...probably not this weekend either since it is single digits and well below zero windchill.
By Badgerboy
OK, here's the thing...I seem to have this mental defect that requires me to have a 2nd of each of the models I like...especially the value pistols...and yes, like the SAR 9. So I have another on order...and I haven't even ran my first one yet because of weather and travel. Because I blindly and unequivocally believe LT USN's opinion on everything, I figured the SAR 9 warranted a doublet in my collection. It's an affliction. :YMSICK:
By Badgerboy
Picked up the SAR 9 twin today...maybe I will go shoot them both tomorrow, depending on weather and ambition. Just back from another trip and a bit dragging...
Badgerboy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:30 am Just back from another trip and a bit dragging...
Where were you this time?

I'm installing the Glock striker spring and polishing the internals Sunday; they cancelled the USPSA match due to weather (wet, not cold) and I've got to do something to stay out of the Mrs. hair.
By keltex78
Resurrecting this thread...
Went to a local gun show this morning, got to see/handle my first SAR-9. Ergos on the gun were FANTASTIC, and I liked the big bold three dot sights. Much lighter than I expected as well. Trigger was a bit crunchy, for lack of a better description but I would hope a bit of polishing and use would smooth that out. If I hadn't been saving for other more important purchases, it would have ridden home with me. That, and the fact that I really don't need another full size 9mm at the moment...
keltex78 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:51 pm Trigger was a bit crunchy, for lack of a better description but I would hope a bit of polishing and use would smooth that out.
Yes, yes it does.

The Galloway Precision replacement trigger makes a big difference too. Hmmm, guess I need to go test drive mine a little more.
By keltex78
Bring me a SAR-9 Subcompact in the size/capacity class of the PPQ-SC/G2C/Sub Elite and I'd be all over that...
Stepping into modern era.

I seriously doubt you could find a better option, […]

i found that the "U" shaped rear[…]

New Canik owner !

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Canik Fanatik forum.