Hi there from germany

Discussion section for owners of the Canik Firearm brand throughout Europe.
Broxson
Founding Member #: 303

Re: Hi there from germany

Post by Broxson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 pm

As has been mentioned, everyone has their own preferences on products and methods, but I did find this to be very informative and somewhat helpful: http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667
1 x
“If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective.” - Ted Nugent
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Broxson wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:11 pm
As has been mentioned, everyone has their own preferences on products and methods, but I did find this to be very informative and somewhat helpful: http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667
Wow. I have seen other semi-professional tests like this done before, but this one is the most extensive.

In reality, Frog Lube and Hornady One Shot were the only viable winning candidates to use on firearms.

I use Eezox for rust prevention only on tools and such, but never on firearms. I decided to go with Mobil1 a year ago just because I thought that the vast majority of lubricants would be in the middle range anyway and I just thought that I was getting ripped off by the marketing. Not that any of the high end stuff was bad, just that it wasn't worth the price difference ($1.40/oz for HOS, $3.50/oz for EWL, $4.50/oz for FL and $0.20/oz for M1).

Other tests show different results (using different methods, so perfectly understandable), but most of the common gun lubes are not that much different. I haven't had any rust or failures that I can point to lube as the culprit in a year of using M1.
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Another positive about Froglube...you can eat it...it is coconut oil, smells good, and you can put it on with your bare fingers, etc. And no frogs were hurt in the testing.
2 x
If you shoot a mime, do you have to use a silencer? :-\

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 pm
Another positive about Froglube...you can eat it...it is coconut oil, smells good, and you can put it on with your bare fingers, etc. And no frogs were hurt in the testing.
Didn't know that and so I did a bit of Googling and that appears to be the case. The good news is that instead of $18 for 4 oz on Amazon, you can get 54 oz of coconut oil for $18 at Costco. Nice markup.
0 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:57 pm

You didn't believe me? That cuts me deeply. :((
But it isn't straight coconut oil...there is a color additive and I think a fragrance too...but it is non toxic and you can clean your guns in the living room watching the Andy Griffith show, and your wife won't complain about the smell...only about the constant slide racking and dry firing, but they will always find something...
0 x
If you shoot a mime, do you have to use a silencer? :-\

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Trust but verify...
1 x