The forum will be down Sunday November 18th starting at 6pm for maintenance.

voted today

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Re: voted today

Post by higgybaby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Wow!....we just got back from voting. Largest turnout I have ever seen.
Mid-term elections and bad weather.....and we had to stand in line...... I wonder if this is a sign???
0 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 am

Well we did good in Bama....... Not so in other states. Florida looks like a run off for gov to me, but they have called it for DeSantis. I hope that holds!
0 x

keltex78
Founding Member #: 1616

Post by keltex78 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Voted last night, around 5:45/6:00. Wasn't overly crowded, but it's a very rural voting box so I'm not surprised. I thought things went well, at least for Texas. I wasn't disappointed with our results.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 pm

In Florida, it looks like the state-wide elections went Republican. US Senate seat is up for an automatic recount. That doesn't have to be finalized until 15 November. In sadder news, the conglomeration of low information voters approved 11 of the 12 amendments on the ballot. Sadder still, my country went full retard.... Um.....I mean blue. It went full blue. The Orlando infection is spreading North.
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:33 am

The democrats can't decide whether to tell people they accomplished every goal imaginable with their blue wave, or to panic because the Mueller probe is about to come under some well deserved scrutiny. I think right now they are saying both.
1 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:34 am

keltex78 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm
Voted last night, around 5:45/6:00. Wasn't overly crowded, but it's a very rural voting box so I'm not surprised. I thought things went well, at least for Texas. I wasn't disappointed with our results.
We did our part here in Texas.
0 x

hoosiercodger
Founding Member #: 420

Post by hoosiercodger » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:18 am

Indiana too. We like our guns here in the Hoosier state.
1 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 pm

Lgaam wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:54 pm
In Florida, it looks like the state-wide elections went Republican. US Senate seat is up for an automatic recount. That doesn't have to be finalized until 15 November. In sadder news, the conglomeration of low information voters approved 11 of the 12 amendments on the ballot. Sadder still, my country went full retard.... Um.....I mean blue. It went full blue. The Orlando infection is spreading North.
Not so fast...the Dem lawyers are on their way, and hanging chads and trunk-loads of lost ballots have yet to be counted, not to mention a hundred thousand Puerto Rico refugees...Here in Wisconsin, Walker was up by a two thousand until well past midnight when they found 50,000 votes in Milwaukee that weren't counted earlier in the night after all others in Milwaukee had long since been tabulated.
0 x
It just goes to show...wherever you go, there you are! :-?

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:09 am

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think a lot of us have learned over the past couple years there is no smoking gun "Lulz we are really breakin' the law now" text message between parties. Still though, voting fraud is an that Trump has espoused. It would be nice to see a legal battle over whether provisional ballots can only be counted after the voter information has been confirmed, vs they all count unless proven to be fraudulent.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Lgaam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Seriously, guys...I was just kidding about Broward County "finding" more votes... Until it turns out to not be just a joke.

This needs to stop...
0 x

Gadget Guy
Founding Member #: 2025

Post by Gadget Guy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Lgaam wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 pm
Seriously, guys...I was just kidding about Broward County "finding" more votes... Until it turns out to not be just a joke.

This needs to stop...
This happened here in MN when Franken beat Pawlenty. There was an automatic recount. Pawlenty started out with more votes. Then someone remembered she had boxes of ballots in her trunk. Suddenly Franken had more than enough to win.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Lgaam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Gadget Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
This happened here in MN when Franken beat Pawlenty. There was an automatic recount. Pawlenty started out with more votes. Then someone remembered she had boxes of ballots in her trunk. Suddenly Franken had more than enough to win.
This was the example I used in one of my rants today.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Lgaam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Another solution to ballot security:

https://www.americanheritage.com/content/battle-athens
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Election security and chain of custody will only be taken seriously when there is something to lose, not when if you get caught you return to where you already were to begin with.

Having larger stacks of ballots thrown out when people contaminate them with a smaller number of bad ballots would open eyes. Hopefully it will happen this election and I have a feeling that it will. People act like the only problem is those that cheat, without realizing that they are surrounded by people who look the other way.
0 x

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Lgaam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 pm

No, it won't happen this time either. Just wait for the manual recounts. I don't know what kind of ballots Broward county uses, but any undervoted ballot will have some infinitesimal mark next to Gillum and/or Nelson, even if the rest of the ballot is strictly Republican.
0 x

schroff

Post by schroff » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm

It makes me sick how everyone is so hateful on this forum. I am a liberal, I own two Caniks, and it disgusts me how i am called a "Libtard'. If you actually took the time to know me, you would understand the liberal position. I come here to talk about Caniks, not to be put down. I am done with this forum.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:29 pm

...and they say that all the left does nowadays is look for something to be offended about.

Sorry, conservatives are insulted, pilloried, ridiculed, and worse every dang day on almost every TV show, movie and media outlet and we deal with it.

Cowboy up.
2 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Gadget Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
[/quote]

and fast forward...Obamacare passed by 1 vote
0 x
It just goes to show...wherever you go, there you are! :-?

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:32 pm

schroff wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm
It makes me sick how everyone is so hateful on this forum. I am a liberal, I own two Caniks, and it disgusts me how i am called a "Libtard'. If you actually took the time to know me, you would understand the liberal position. I come here to talk about Caniks, not to be put down. I am done with this forum.
Ctrl+F shows that you are the only one who said "Libtard" in this thread.

Also, as a side note, this is the Free Fire Zone. There are other forums here that are dedicated for talking Caniks.
1 x

BentAero

Post by BentAero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm

schroff wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm
FYI: This is the Free Fire Zone for off-topic subjects. Yes, feelings might get hurt.

A liberal AND a gun owner???

Sorry, that's like a person saying they're a Christ follower, yet they believe that abortion is acceptable. Uhhh, the two are polar opposites.

So you're sickened how everyone is so hateful on this forum...

Are you also sickened when 60 people are shot in Chicago on a given weekend and liberal politicians claim the way to stop it is yet more gun control?
Are you sickened when companies like Dick's Sporting Goods/Field & Stream, Levi's, & Ben & Jerry's donate large sums of money and/or lobby Congress to have your gun rights stripped away?
Are you sickened by organizations such as Everytown for Gun Safety that have nothing to do with gun safety and everything to do with separating you from your guns?
Are you sickened by the dozens of Hollywood 'celebrities' who think it's their duty to inform us every chance they get that citizens shouldn't have guns?
Are you sickened by Andrew Cuomo's instructions to the State of New York Dept. of Financial Services to pressure State-Charted banks and insurers not to do business with firearm related companies?
These are all examples of liberal behavior and tactics.

Liberals such as Andrew Cuomo, Chris Murphy, and Kamala Harris believe that no U.S. citizen should be permitted to own/posses a firearm. If a person endorses this type of "progressive leader", then they endorse ALL of their platform beliefs, which include relinquishing firearms. Are you ready to 'go to the wall' over keeping your guns, or will you follow the liberal agenda and turn them in when that day comes? And if you think that day isn't coming I feel you're very, very naive.

Some 210 years ago, Tytler wrote the following passage that is ever more true with each passing day.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Off rant. ~X(
3 x