The forum will be down Sunday November 18th starting at 6pm for maintenance.

voted today

Discussion Section for All Off Topics Subjects.
hoosiercodger
Founding Member #: 420

voted today

Post by hoosiercodger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 pm

I went and voted today. Since I couldn't find a single person that it didn't make me sick to vote for I decided to vote with only one issue in mind. Defend 2A. Sorry if that upsets you but it was the best that I could come up with. Rock on NRA.
3 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Re: voted today

Post by Lgaam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:12 pm

That's better reasoning than a lot of people use. You probably won't find too many complaints about it here.
1 x

jgillaspy

Post by jgillaspy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said...
1 x

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:23 pm

We'll be voting the 6th..... it will be easy for us.

We do have a lot of libiturds all of a sudden making a lot of noise about how they believe in the right to own a gun.... I don't buy it.

I do have 2 brother-in-laws who are struggling with this election. They hate Trump and the Republican party....but they are disgusted with the dems.
Maybe they'll just stay home. I hope they stay home all across the country.
1 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:34 am

I'm pretty much a one issue voter myself(the 2nd) my views on issues are all over the place so rare to find a candidate I can agree with on most every issue.
1 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:37 am

My philosophy has been that an election is always the lesser of two evils.

A lot of times you just have to hold your nose, but people died for that right so I vote.
2 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599
CF Member: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 am

Going Saturday morning. I like the 75% rule; if you find a candidate that meets 75% of your views, vote for them.

I'm still waiting to find one. b-)
1 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

Lgaam
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 080

Post by Lgaam » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:49 am

If I haven't thrown it away, I'll take a photo of my sample ballot... With all the notes and research all the way down to the Soil & Water Commission candidates. I may take this too seriously, sometimes. I spend a lot (A LOT) of time researching the constitutional amendments that show up on the Florida ballots. I'm hoping most go down in flames this time. Fortunately, it's a 60% threshold for passage.

The 75% rule kinda works, but there are some deal breakers, too. If there was just some way to hack up the candidates and Frankenstein the good bits together.

Sadly, I'm reasonably sure my vote has already been negated. My beloved had been cured of most of her New York leftist tendencies, but the family that followed her down... We'll, that's a different story. It's it bad that I'm looking forward to my brother-in-law's conniption when he realizes the house (and fridge) he frequents so comfortably is protected by two (not one, but two) evil "assault rifles"? Or, that his sister has her CCW, and is shopping for her EDC?
3 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 am

I'm pretty much a single issue voter. In my opinion, it's the 2A that separates us from most other nations and keeps us a free society. You can't have the 1st without the 2nd to defend it.

On a side note, I'm watching the news this morning and they are interviewing some of the people in this caravan heading to the U.S. One of the guys they interviewed said he's coming anyway, though President Trump said they will be turned around. He made the comments that there's something wrong in the head with President Trump, and that he's no good for America. And, that America needs different leadership. These comments really piss me off and strengthen my resolve to vote party line. I'm not against immigration, just illegal immigration. And b.s. coming from people who are not U.S. citizens marching towards our border really makes my blood boil. We are a nation of immigrants, but it needs to be done in a legal way. And I don't like how democrats are trying to change the entire fabric of our society.

It's early. I better make some coffee and re-read this later to make sure what I typed makes sense.
5 x

spen48
Founding Member #: 1269

Post by spen48 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:53 pm

I just got back from doing an early vote. I absolutely agree with you all. Janik if I could give your post 2 likes I would.

I am amazed at the smoke and mirrors most of the politicians (especially the Dems) use. There is one here that is running as a Pro 2a yet he is pushing universal background checks and assault-style weapons ban. I don't get how people fall for the double standard. This whole "We a world society" and we need to be like Europe makes me ill. Our country was founded on morals and principles that were lacking in Europe, that is what made our country the greatest.
6 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Janik wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:26 am
It's early. I better make some coffee and re-read this later to make sure what I typed makes sense.
it did
2 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 am

I am amazed at the blindness and ignorance of so, so many voters. I cannot believe how many are led by the nose by the media, or by others who are simply wrongheaded or uninformed on issues. I spend many hours researching and following policies, positions and issues. I have met my congressman in person twice in the past few weeks alone...yet my vote counts the same as the idiot who believes that the government should be our nanny, and can be trusted.
3 x
It just goes to show...wherever you go, there you are! :-?

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:36 am

Well said, Badgerboy.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:17 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:36 am
Well said, Badgerboy.
Thank you...affirmation from you carries weight, sir. **==
0 x

hoosiercodger

Post by hoosiercodger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 pm

The little lady watches Rachel Maddow a couple of times a week. I usually go out in the garage and do whatever but I was passing through the room on one of her anti Kavanough rants. She was stating that the claims the woman (what was her name Butler?) made were not political because she filed her complaint before he was officially named as the candidate. I suppose, but it totally ignores the fact that Trump was mentioning Kavanough's name as soon as it was announced that there was going to be a vacancy. The way I look at it that's two lies in one statement. Then she said that she had only had one beer that night. Really? I understand that we have some current and former LEOs in this group. How many times have you guys pulled over someone driving erratically and heard that? I would have a lot more sympathy for her had she had the guts to just come out and say "Yes its political. The man is not fit to be on the supreme court and here's why." I got just one question. How many of the people reading this will say that they are the same person that they were in high school?
1 x
Never argue with an idiot for he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!!!

spen48
Founding Member #: 1269

Post by spen48 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 pm

hoosiercodger wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:58 pm
How many of the people reading this will say that they are the same person that they were in high school?
I know I can definitely say I am not the same as I was in high school. I look back now and can honestly say that I regret many of the choices I made. But then again I can also say that those dumbass choices which made me learn and become who I am now.

They will never have the courage to say that they have an agenda and it is politically motivated.
0 x

hoosiercodger

Post by hoosiercodger » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 am

spen48 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 pm

But then again I can also say that those dumbass choices which made me learn and become who I am now.

well put. that's exactly my point. High school kids are children trying to learn their way in life.
0 x

NWcityguy2

Post by NWcityguy2 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Voted last week. If your going to be a single issue voter, you won't find a better issue than the 2A.
1 x

GlennSFX
Global Moderator

Post by GlennSFX » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:27 pm

No one said a word!!! :-D

3 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm

A Trump hat, and in cammo yet? Clearly you are a red necked, right wing extremist. In Mass, I'm surprised they didn't lock you up immediately as a mental defective, dangerous zealot. I lived in Shrewsbury in the late 1980s and couldn't believe the taxes at that time...The Crucible of Liberty has stumbled somewhere along the path of Republic maturity.
1 x