https://www.guns.com/2018/10/11/ruger-i ... de-cracks/
http://ruger-public.s3.amazonaws.com/sa ... 1c5f6f.pdf
Sturm, Ruger & company announced that some Ruger American Pistols that have fired more than 10,000 rounds may exhibit premature wear that can result in a slide crack.
The bulletin, issued this week, cautions that the problem could surface on both duty and compact-sized models in 9mm with serial number prefixes “860” and “862” while stressing that other 9mm pistols such as the SR9 and LC9S are not affected. A sign that the gun may fall inside this range is a silver-colored, stainless steel barrel.
The root of the problem, which can be found during what Ruger stresses in routine maintenance, is premature wear of the locking surfaces between the slide and barrel. The company says that if such excessive wear is not observed, no action is necessary, but owners of such pistols can sign up for a free retrofit if they suspect such an issue could be developing.
General Discussion Section for All Makes and Models of Handguns and Rifles, including Aftermarket Accessories.
- Information, Announcements and New Members
- ↳ INFORMATION AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ↳ NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS
- ↳ PROMOTIONS AND GIVEAWAYS
- Canik Firearm Discussions
- ↳ CANIK (CENTURY & TRISTAR) GENERAL DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK REVIEWS AND RANGE REPORTS
- ↳ CANIK MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES
- ↳ CANIK TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION
- ↳ CANIK HOLSTER DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ CANIK AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS & REVIEWS
- ↳ CANIK OWNERS - EUROPE
- General Discussions
- ↳ GENERAL FIREARM DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ AMMUNITION & RELOADING DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ EDC (EVERYDAY CARRY) PREPARDNESS & SURVIVAL
- ↳ HOT DEALS ON GUNS & GEAR
- ↳ FREE FIRE ZONE
- Team Canik Fanatik
- ↳ COMPETITION: IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, 3-GUN DISCUSSIONS
- ↳ BASIC FIREARM & DEFENSIVE SKILLS, DRILLS & TRAINING
- ↳ UPCOMING COMPETITIONS & EVENTS
- Supporting Vendors
- ↳ Prepper Gun Shop
- ↳ LIMA CHARLIE USA
- ↳ Tejas Products
- ↳ Smoky Mountain Concealment