The forum will be down Sunday November 18th starting at 6pm for maintenance.

Another SFX not cycling

Having and issue with your Canik Firearm? Post your problem here for other members to assist with finding a resolution.
Matteo

Another SFX not cycling

Post by Matteo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Knowing full well of the internet buzz about the cycling issue that's "fixed" by running 500 rounds of 124gr then assessing the problem, I still wanted to get in on the cheapest entry level red dot combo available on the market.
Pictured is 3 different FTFs and what the ramp looks like. I don't think it's a coincidence that each FTF leans to the left where the bigger ramp gouge is.
Getting about 4 FTFs per mag using Winchester and Blazer 124gr, for about 400 rounds now
I will be contacting Canik for this, and it seems like they will be very helpful.
But my overall opinion at this point is that if this issue has been out there for at least 8 months now that I can think of, it should've been corrected in production by now. unless they just keep pumping them out, hoping for the best.

0 x

Gemoose23

Re: Another SFX not cycling

Post by Gemoose23 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Simple things.. it isn't mag related.. happens with all of your magazines?

Crazy your bullets are nosediving under the feedramp.
0 x

Matteo

Post by Matteo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes, all 20 rounders, all Canik
0 x

Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

Post by Retiredtrooper » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Maybe try a stronger mag spring?
0 x

Matteo

Post by Matteo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:50 am

Retiredtrooper wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 pm
Maybe try a stronger mag spring?
Canik should be emailing me back today (11/5) but in the meantime, how much stronger can you get than new 20 rounds springs?
I've gone the custom route, and it seems the more I tinker, the worse things get. I get worried that if this happens to be the gun I end up using in self defense, it gets presented to the jury as a bunch of evil modifications intent on destruction. We all know that things will get all twisted to what they shouldn't be. I just really like this gun and was hoping for out of the box reliability, like the top manufacturers.
0 x

Matteo

Post by Matteo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Maybe I shoulda called, seems as though with a phone call they just send parts.
So they wanted the whole dam thing, but I figured what the hell, they sent a shipping label, so it's on it's way back
0 x

Broxson
Founding Member #: 303

Post by Broxson » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 am

I sent my SFx back for feeding and cycling issues. In my case they replaced the pistol with a new one. This took four weeks or so. The new one shoots/cycles/etc. like a dream.

Good luck, YMMV.
0 x
“If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective.” - Ted Nugent
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson

Matteo

Post by Matteo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:42 am

Broxson wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:16 am
I sent my SFx back for feeding and cycling issues. In my case they replaced the pistol with a new one. This took four weeks or so. The new one shoots/cycles/etc. like a dream.

Good luck, YMMV.
Wow a whole new one!
Was their some kind of registration or paperwork, since you got a new serial number? Or how does that work?
0 x

Broxson
Founding Member #: 303

Post by Broxson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:52 pm

In my case, Garrett (the best representative ever) and I went back and forth for a couple of weeks trying to troubleshoot the problem. When nothing fixed it he authorized a replacement. I really dont know how all that works, but there was nothing required on my end. I mailed them my gun and they mailed me a new one. And honestly, I was very surprised that there wasnt some kind of procedure required to get the new serial under my name. Maybe they contacted the agencies required and got the serials switched in their records.. No idea.

And thanks for reminding me. I have to register the new serial on their website for warranty purposes.
0 x
“If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective.” - Ted Nugent
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson

Matteo

Post by Matteo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:36 pm

I don’t know if it differs by state, but in AZ, the paperwork sits at the dealer for 20 years unless something nafarious goes down with the said firearm, then they come looking. So there’s really no agencies to contact
0 x